From Heraldry of the World
|Heraldry of the World|
Civic heraldry of the Austro-Hungarian Empire
The arms were granted in 1748 by Empress Maria Theresia. The three white bars represent the three rivers of the region - Danube, Sava and Bosut. The golden collar on the deer is symbol of richness, and the cypress is symbol of natural wealth of the region. The arms are now used, in a slightly different form, by the Vukovar and Srijem County in Croatia.
Literature : Csáky, 1995