Straubing: Difference between revisions

From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search
m (Text replacement - "/Arms of " to "/Arms (crest) of ")
m (Text replacement - "{{media}}" to " {{de1}} {{media1}}")
Line 43: Line 43:
[[Civic Heraldry Literature - Germany|'''Literature''']]: Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.
[[Civic Heraldry Literature - Germany|'''Literature''']]: Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.


{{media}}
 
{{de1}}
{{media1}}


[[Category:German Municipalities S]]
[[Category:German Municipalities S]]
[[Category:Bayern]]
[[Category:Bayern]]
[[Category:Straubing]]
[[Category:Straubing]]

Revision as of 11:24, 26 December 2022




This page is part of the
Germany.jpg
German heraldry portal


Logo-new.jpg
Heraldry of the World

German heraldry:

Selected collector's items from Germany:


STRAUBING

State : Bayern
Free Urban District (Kreisfreie Stadt) : Straubing
Additions : 1972 Alburg, Hornstorf, Ittling, Kagers

Wappen von Straubing/Arms (crest) of Straubing
Official blazon
German In Rot ein silberner Pflug; darüber nebeneinander zwei Schildchen mit den bayerischen Rauten, unten eine goldene heraldische Lilie.
English No blazon/translation known. Please click here to send your (heraldic !) blazon or translation

Origin/meaning

Straubing was founded in 1218 by Duke Ludwig of Bayern, near a village with the same name. The oldest seal dates from the end of the 13th century and shows already the same composition as on the present arms. The two small shields show the arms of the old Counts of Bogen. These arms were later adopted by the Wittelsbach family as Dukes of Bayern. The fleur-de-lis is the symbol of the St. Mary, the patron saint of the diocese of Augsburg. The old village of Straubing was part of a large Estate held by the Bishops of Augsburg. The plough most likely is the old village symbol. The plough was also used as the single symbol on the arms and coins of the city until the 18th century.

Literature: Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.


Template:De1 Template:Media1