From Heraldry of the World
|Heraldry of the World|
Civic heraldry of Germany - Deutsche Wappen (Gemeindewappen/Kreiswappen)
In Silber auf grünem Berg eine rote Burgruine.
The arms were officially granted in July 1902.
The oldest known seal of the villages dates from 1811 and hows a watermill wheel between two pine trees. The second seal, dating from the first quarter of the 19th century, already shows a castle ruin with the letters SB for Stockburg. On the seal from 1840 the ruin disappeared, as it only showed the name of the village. IN 1860 the image returned on the seals.
The State Archives used this seal to design the arms in 1902. The ruin is shown in red, for the bricks and walls, the mountain in green.
The ruin is probably a symbol for the former castle, the Stockburg, after which the village is named.
Literature : Zier, 1965