From Heraldry of the World
|Heraldry of the World|
Civic heraldry of Germany - Deutsche Wappen (Gemeindewappen/Kreiswappen)
The arms were adopted in 1901.
The arms are based on the only known seal of the village, which dates from at least 1766. The seal and the arms show St. Michael, the local patron saint. The colours were designed in 1901 and are based on the colours of the Pfalz, to which the village belonged until 1803.
Literature : Fütterer, 1960