Steinhude am Meer
From Heraldry of the World
|Heraldry of the World|
Civic heraldry of Germany - Deutsche Wappen (Gemeindewappen/Kreiswappen)
STEINHUDE AM MEER
Steinhude received town rights in 1550 from the Counts of Schaumburg. The oldest known seal dates from the 17th century and shows two shields, one with the arms of the Counts of Schaumburg, the nettle-leaf (Nesselblatt). The other with a fish.
The fish probably symbolises the fishing of the Lake Steinhude. Later these two were combined into the above arms in the colours of Schaumburg.
The arms in the Kaffee Hag albums +/- 1925
At present the village seems to use a variation on these arms :