From Heraldry of the World
|Heraldry of the World|
Civic heraldry of Germany - Deutsche Wappen (Gemeindewappen/Kreiswappen)
The arms were granted on September 10, 1982.
The roses on the small hill are canting (Kopf means hill). The balls are taken from the arms of the Lords of Sickingen, to whom the area belonged until 1589. The lion is taken from the arms of their successors, the Dukes of the Pfalz.
Literature : Debus, 1988