From Heraldry of the World
|Heraldry of the World|
Civic heraldry of Germany - Deutsche Wappen (Gemeindewappen/Kreiswappen)
The arms were granted on August 25, 1981.
The arms are derived from the only known seal of the local council, which dates from 1725. The seal shows an orb surrounded by the monogram IHS and a cross. Below are three nails and the name of the village. The present arms are a simplification of the seal.
Literature : Wappenbuch der Verbandsgemeinde Bitburg-Land 1995.