Puchkirchen am Trattberg
From Heraldry of the World
|Heraldry of the World|
Civic heraldry of Austria - Österreichische Gemeindewappen
PUCHKIRCHEN AM TRATTBERG
State : Oberösterreich
District : Vöcklabruck
The arms were granted on June 18, 1984.
The two beech leaves and the cross symbolise the name of the village, which can be translated as beech-(Buche)church(Kirche). The base shows a drill, symbolising that in the village one of the first oil wells was found in Austria. In 1956 a depth of 2581 m was reached in the borehole.
Literature : Baumert, H.E. : Oberösterreichische Gemeindewappen, Linz, 1996.