Principality of Brixen
From Heraldry of the World
|Heraldry of the World|
Civic heraldry of the Austro-Hungarian Empire
PRINCIPALITY OF BRIXEN
The Principality Brixen (now Brixen/Bressanone, Italy) was from 1179-1803 an independent state ruled by the Abbots of Brixen Abbey. In 1803 it was incorporated into Austria-Hungary. The arms show the Paschal Lamb, symbol of St. John, the patron saint of the Abbey. The arms are also used by the modern city of Brixen.
Literature : Ströhl, 1890
|Whos here now: Members 0 Guests 0 Bots & Crawlers 1|