From Heraldry of the World
|Heraldry of the World|
Civic heraldry of Germany - Deutsche Wappen (Gemeindewappen/Kreiswappen)
The arms were granted on March 8, 1912.
Plettenberg received city rights in 1397 from Count Dietrich von der Mark. At the same time the first seal was made, which showed already the wall with the arms of the Counts of the Mark between the towers. The only difference was the crown, which was added in 1794.
Seal from around 1900
The arms in the Kaffee Hag albums +/- 1925
Literature : Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes; Hupp, 1920s