From Heraldry of the World
|Heraldry of the World|
Civic heraldry of Austria - Österreichische Gemeindewappen
State : Salzburg
District : Salzburg-Umgebung
The arms were granted on November 21, 1975.
The lower part shows five stripes for the five municipalities that are combined (ring) in the so-called Wasserverband Plainfeld, a partnership to control the water supplies. Most of the springs in the area are in the Plainfeld municipality. The chief shows the arms of the Pabenschwant estate. Until 1292 the estate was a possession of the Knights of Pabenschwant, who used the golden pale in black. Later the estate became a possession of several other familoies.
Literature : Zaisberger, F. and Pfeiffer, N. : Salzburger Gemeindewappen. Winter Verlag, Salzburg, 1985