|Heraldry of the World
Civic heraldry of Austria - Österreichische Gemeindewappen
State : Steiermark
District : Feldbach
The arms were granted on April 1, 1966
The arms are devised on the base of the coats of arms of the Teuffenbach zu Maierhofen and the Zebinger families. Both families were landowners in the municipality in historic times.
The crosier stands for Bishop Ulrich of Seckau (1297-1308). Before he entered Holy Orders, he was Ulrich von Paldau, a member of the local gentry.
Literature : Image provided by Karl Palfrader (email@example.com), MStLA 19 (1969), p. 138