From Heraldry of the World
|Heraldry of the World|
Civic heraldry of Germany - Deutsche Wappen (Gemeindewappen/Kreiswappen)
State : Bayern
District (Kreis) : Aichach-Friedberg (until 1972 Aichach)
Additions : 1970 Immendorf; 1972 Handzell, Grimolzhausen, Kühnhausen, Schnellmannskreuth, Schorn; 1976 Gundelsdorf; 1977 Ebenried; 1978 Echsheim, Osterzhausen, Wiesenbach
In Silber die verschlungenen blauen Buchstaben P. P., unten beseitet von je einem durchbrochenen grünen Seerosenblatt an langem Stiel.
The arms were officially granted on July 26, 1949.
The arms are already known from the oldest seal, which is known from 1325. The two letters are probably taken from the patron saints of the town, St. Paul and St. Peter. The two leaves are taken from the arms of the Lords of Gumppenberg, who at the time ruled the town. The arms were granted in 1949, which was the end of the use of different colours and arms with or without leaves, which started in the late 19th century, as shown below in the image by Hupp from the 1920s.
The arms in the Kaffee Hag albums +/- 1925