From Heraldry of the World
|Heraldry of the World|
Civic heraldry of Austria - Österreichische Gemeindewappen
State : Oberösterreich
District : Linz-Land
The arms were officially granted on June 24, 1996.
The owl is taken from the arms of the Kauthen family, who lived on the Freiling castle from 1669-1768. The ring is a canting symbol and also symbolises the letter O. The green field symbolises the agricultural character of the municipality.
Literature : Baumert, H.E. : Oberösterreichische Gemeindewappen, Linz, 1996.