From Heraldry of the World
|Heraldry of the World|
Civic heraldry of Germany - Deutsche Wappen (Gemeindewappen/Kreiswappen)
The arms were officially granted on ??
The Paschal Lamb (Agnus Dei) is the symbol of St. John, the local patron saint. The lower half shows the arms of the Palandt family from Laurenzberg, who ruled the village from 1300-1566.
The village of Langweiler belonged to Niedermerz, but was never a separate municipality.
The arms of Langweiler stow a Tau-cross with a small bell, the symbols of St. Anthony, the local patron saint of the St. Anthony Chapel from 1683.
Literature : Information obtained from the Aldenhoven council.