Neuhofen an der Krems
From Heraldry of the World
|Heraldry of the World|
Civic heraldry of Austria - Österreichische Gemeindewappen
NEUHOFEN AN DER KREMS
State : Oberösterreich
District : Linz-Land
The arms were granted on June 8, 1970.
When the arms were first used is not known, but the arms appear already on the oldest known seal of the town, dating from March 21, 1626. A later seal, known since 1766, only shows the letter N with the cross.
The golden panther in the upper half is derived from the arms of the Losenstein family, Lords of Gschwendt and Neuhofen from 1526 until 1692. The letter N is the town's initial. The cross may be derived from the arms of the Lords of Volkersdorf, who owned the estate and town until 1482.
|Whos here now: Members 0 Guests 0 Bots & Crawlers 1|