From Heraldry of the World
|Heraldry of the World|
Civic heraldry of France - Armorial de France
The arms are canting showing a water mill wheel (Mulhouse - or mill-house). The wheel first appeared on the local seal from 1267, and the arms have not been changed since 1390.
The arms in the Café Sanka album +/- 1932
The arms on a tobacco card by Laurens
A seal from around 1900
Literature : Wilsdorf, C.; Martin, P. and Gall, R. : Armorial des communes du Haut-Rhin. 1er volume, chef-lieux de canton. Colmar, 1963.