|Heraldry of the World
Civic heraldry of Austria - Österreichische Gemeindewappen
State : Tirol
District : Innsbruck-Land
The arms were officially granted on January 8, 1953.
The checquered chief and the unicorn are taken from the arms of the medieval Lords of Mils, who played an important role in the local history. The star is ste symbol of St. Mary, the local patron saint.
Literature : Köfler and Beimrohr, 1995