From Heraldry of the World
|Heraldry of the World|
Civic heraldry of Germany - Deutsche Wappen (Gemeindewappen/Kreiswappen)
The arms were granted on December 9, 1959.
The arms are a combination of the diamonds of Bayern and the bars of the arms of the Leublfinger family. Some parts of the district historically belonged to Bayern. In 1341 King Ludwig den Bayern appointed Ulrich Leublfinger as Lord of Eggmühl. His family ruled the estate until 1508, when it became part of Bayern again.
Literature : Stadler, K. : Deutsche Wappen - Bundesrepublik Deutschland. Angelsachsen Verlag, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.