| Heraldry of the World
The main resource for civic heraldry since 1996 with 162,498 images
|The National Emblem of the Maldives||The National Flag||Location|
The Maldive Islands, is an island nation in the Indian Ocean formed by a double chain of twenty-six atolls stretching in a north-south direction off India's Lakshadweep islands, between Minicoy Island and Chagos Archipelago.
The Maldives has 7 provinces each consisting of the following administrative divisions (the capital Malé is its own administrative division):
- 1.Mathi-Uthuru Province; consists of Haa Alif Atoll, Haa Dhaalu Atoll and Shaviyani Atoll.
- 2.Uthuru Province; consists of Noonu Atoll, Raa Atoll, Baa Atoll and Lhaviyani Atoll.
- 3.Medhu-Uthuru Province; consists of Kaafu Atoll, Alifu Alifu Atoll, Alifu Dhaalu Atoll and Vaavu Atoll.
- 4.Medu Province; consists of Meemu Atoll, Faafu Atoll and Dhaalu Atoll.
- 5.Medhu-Dhekunu Province; consists of Thaa Atoll and Laamu Atoll.
- 6.Mathi-Dhekunu Province; consists of Gaafu Alifu Atoll and Gaafu Dhaalu Atoll.
- 7.Dhekunu Province; consists of Gnaviyani Atoll and Addu City.
None of these uses arms.
Heraldic collector's items from Maldives
Heraldry of the World is a private site, which is on-line since 1996. It is a hobby, which takes much time and money (books, hosting etc etc). If you would like to support this site, donations are very welcome ! You can support the site by donating items (books, pdf, images and other items) or financially using the PayPal button below.
All donations send to this specific PayPal address will be used for acquiring books or other items for the site and not for private use.