From Heraldry of the World
|Heraldry of the World|
Civic heraldry of Austria - Österreichische Gemeindewappen
State : Tirol
District : Kufstein
The arms were officially granted on April 11, 1972.
The arms refer to the historical glove-dances in Münster, which were abolished in 1556. On Whitmonday the villagers gathered at the local Tegerwiese and eleted the best dancer of the village. The winner received a pair of gloves. This is all symbolised in the arms.
Literature : Köfler and Beimrohr, 1995