|Heraldry of the World
Civic heraldry of Austria - Österreichische Gemeindewappen
State : Vorarlberg
District : Feldkirch
The arms were officially granted on February 8, 1929.
The upper half shows wheat ears, symbolising the importance of agriculture for the municipality at the time. The lower half symbolises the Rhine river, which has been of great importance for the village, but also caused many floods. The cherries are taken from the arms of the Kriessern estate.
Literature : Burmeister, 1975