From Heraldry of the World
|Heraldry of the World|
Civic heraldry of Germany - Deutsche Wappen (Gemeindewappen/Kreiswappen)
The arms were officially granted on June 18, 1958 and confirmed on August 28, 1972.
The arms show a brick wall with a miner's light and a wavy bar. The wall refers to the Romanic church dating from the 12th century in the village. The church belonged to the diocese of Hildesheim, and the colours of the arms are derived from those of Hildesheim.
The wavy bar symbolises the Fuhse river. The lamp refers to the importance of mining for the development of the region.
As in 1972 only Klein Lafferde and Woltwiesche used arms, it was decided to retain the old arms of Lengede.
Literature : Rabbow, 1977