From Heraldry of the World
|Heraldry of the World|
Civic heraldry of Germany - Deutsche Wappen (Gemeindewappen/Kreiswappen)
The arms were officially granted on ??-??-??
The arms were granted in 1938 and are based on the old 15th century seals of the village. The chequered bar is derived from the blue and golden chequered shield of the Counts of Sponheim, who owned the area for many centuries. The grapes indicate the importance of viticulture in the area. The black and gold colours are derived from the colours of the Pfalz, to which the village belongs.