Landau an der Isar (kreis)
|Heraldry of the World
Civic heraldry of Germany - Deutsche Wappen (Gemeindewappen/Kreiswappen)
LANDAU AN DER ISAR (LAN)
The arms were granted on May 21, 1959.
The upper part of the arms shows the arms of Bayern, as some parts of the districts already belong to Bayern since 1224. The lower part shows the arms of one of the major noble families in the 14th century, the Counts of Leonberg. These arms are canting (Leonberg=lion mountain).
Literature : Stadler, K. : Deutsche Wappen - Bundesrepublik Deutschland. Angelsachsen Verlag, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.