From Heraldry of the World
|Heraldry of the World|
Civic heraldry of Austria - Österreichische Gemeindewappen
State : Tirol Additions : 1904 Pradl, Wilten; 1938 Amras, Hötting, Mühlau; 1940 Arzl; 1942 Igls, Vill District : Innsbruck
The arms of Innsbruck are canting, showing a bridge (Brücke) over the Inn river. The oldest known use of the arms dates from a seal of 1267. Both the bridge and the river were shown rather differntly than at present. The present composition is used since 1325. The colours are known since 1547 and the arms thus have never changed since.
The seal from around 1900
The arms in the Coffee Hag album +/- 1932
Literature : Köfler and Beimrohr, 1995