|Heraldry of the World|
Civic heraldry of Austria - Österreichische Gemeindewappen
State : Kärnten
District : Hermagor
The arms were officially granted on June 18, 1619 and again on June 14, 1974.
The arms show St. Hermagoras, the local patron saint. He is also the patron saint of the church in Aquileia, the town historically belonged to the Patriarchate of Aquileia.
Literature : Image taken from www.hermagor.at