From Heraldry of the World
|Heraldry of the World|
Civic heraldry of Germany - Deutsche Wappen (Gemeindewappen/Kreiswappen)
The arms were adopted in 1902 and were proposed by the State Archives. No historical seals or images are known for the village. The upper part shows the deer antler taken from the arms of Württemberg. The diamonds in the lower right half are taken from the arms of the Dukes of Teck, who held some properties in the village in the 13th and 14th century. The lower left part shows a canting monogram.
Literature : Bardua, 1973.