From Heraldry of the World
|Heraldry of the World|
Civic heraldry of Austria - Österreichische Gemeindewappen
State : Niederösterreich
District : Mödling
The arms were officially granted on May 4, 1592, by Emperor Rudolf II.
The official blason is shown below. The arms show in the right half a grape vine on a rock in water. This refers to the former marshlands that were drained, first by creating a lake, later by draining the lake, to get agricultural soil, used mainly for viticulture. The left half shows the symbols of St. James (Jacobus), the local patron saint.
The original blason.
The arms in the Coffee Hag album +/- 1932
Seal from around 1900
Literature : Ströhl, 1904