From Heraldry of the World
|Heraldry of the World|
Civic heraldry of Germany - Deutsche Wappen (Gemeindewappen/Kreiswappen)
In Silber ein roter Mühlstein.
Fautenbach was part of the Ortenau district and was a separate village, but has always been part of the district of Achern. In the early 19th century it became a separate municipality until 1971.
The oldest known seal of the village dates from the early 19th century and shows the mill-iron ( a circle with on each side a bar). It is probably an old village sign. All later seals show the same stone. In May 1900 the council asked for arms of the municipality. The State Archives proposed two different arms, one with the mill-iron, the other with a mill stone. The latter, which was adopted by the municipality in August 1900, was based on the old seal and the fact that it is also a symbol of St. Catherine, the patron saint of the village.
Literature : Zier, 1964.