From Heraldry of the World
| Heraldry of the World|
The main resource for civic heraldry since 1996 with over 95.000 images
|The National Symbol of Djibouti||The National Flag||Location|
Djibouti is sectioned into five regions and one city. It is further subdivided into eleven districts.
The regions and city are:
- Ali Sabieh Region (Région d'Ali Sabieh)
- Arta Region (Région d'Arta)
- Dikhil Region (Région de Dikhil)
- Djibouti (city) (Ville de Djibouti)
- Obock Region (Région d'Obock)
- Tadjourah Region (Région de Tadjourah)
As far as I know none of these uses heraldic arms.
National Symbol of Djibouti
The symbol was adopted on June 25, 1977.
The symbol shows two hands holding each a knife and representing the two ethnic groups in the country, the Afar and Issas.