From Heraldry of the World
|Heraldry of the World|
Civic heraldry of Germany - Deutsche Wappen (Gemeindewappen/Kreiswappen)
Although Dautphe first was mentioned in 791 and became part of Amt Biedenkopf in 1302, the village never had its own seal or arms. The present arms, which were granted in 1952, are based on sculptured arms on the local church. The origin of these arms is unknown.
Literature : Stadler, K. : Deutsche Wappen - Bundesrepublik Deutschland. Angelsachsen Verlag, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.