|Heraldry of the World|
Civic heraldry of Germany - Deutsche Wappen (Gemeindewappen/Kreiswappen)
The arms were adopted on July 29, 1901.
The arms are derived from the arms of the medieval Lords of Brehmen in reversed colours. Brehmen had a local council as early as 1451, but the village never used arms. The only known seal dates from the 19th century and simply shows the letter B and the name of the municipality.
Literature : Zier and Kastner, 1967