Bethlehem (Free State)
From Heraldry of the World
|Heraldry of the World
Civic heraldry of South Africa
- Wapen: Kepersgewys verdeel, blou en rooi, 'n goue keper vergesel in die skildhoof van 'n vyfpuntige ster en in die skildvoet van twee golwende versmalde dwarsbalke, alles silwer.
- Helmteken: Drie goue koringare, blou gestingel en geblaar, rooi gebind. Wrong en dekklede: Goud en blou.
- Wapenspreuk: CONJUNCTI PROSPERAMUS
- Arms: Per chevron, Azure and Gules, a chevron Or between in chief a mullet and in base two bars wavy, Argent.
- Crest: Three ears of wheat Or, slipped and leaved Azure, bound Gules. Wreath and mantling: Or and Azure.
- Motto: CONJUNCTI PROSPERAMUS
The arms were officially granted on April 28, 1989.
I have no information on the meaning or origin of these arms. Any information is welcome !
Literature : Scan from first day cover.
Heraldry of the World is a private site, which is on-line since 1996. It is a hobby, which takes much time and money (books, hosting etc etc). If you would like to support this site, donations are very welcome ! You can support the site by donating items (books, pdf, images and other items) or financially using the PayPal button below.
All donations send to this specific PayPal address will be used for acquiring books or other items for the site and not for private use.