Bad Münster am Stein
From Heraldry of the World
|Heraldry of the World|
Civic heraldry of Germany - Deutsche Wappen (Gemeindewappen/Kreiswappen)
BAD MÜNSTER AM STEIN
The arms were granted in 1936 and combine elements of the arms of the former rulers of the town. The lion is derived from the arms of the Lords of Löwenstein, who held the estate and village for several centuries. The two salmon in the claws of the lion are derived from the arms of the Counts of Salm-Salm, descendants of the Lords of Stein, who held the estate Münster unter Rheingrafenstein in the 14th century. The salmon are a canting element.
Literature : Stadler, K. : Deutsche Wappen - Bundesrepublik Deutschland. Angelsachsen Verlag, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.
|Whos here now: Members 0 Guests 0 Bots & Crawlers 1|