From Heraldry of the World
Jump to: navigation, search
Heraldry of the World
Civic heraldry of Switzerland - Schweizer Wappen / Armorial de Suisse


Canton : Neuchâtel
Incorporated into : 2013 Milvignes

Arms of Auvernier

Official blazon


Auvernier is a village on the Noth bank of the Neuchâtel Lake and historically a village of fishermen and wine growers. Even though at present viticulture is of greater importance, the fish was chosen in the early 20th century as a symbol, due to the importance of fisheries at the time.

Wappen von/Blason de Auvernier

The arms in the Kaffee Hag albums 1914-1960

Literature : background from the Commune d'Auvernier