From Heraldry of the World
|Heraldry of the World|
Civic heraldry of Austria - Österreichische Gemeindewappen
State : Oberösterreich
District : Vöcklabruck
The arms were granted on March 28, 1955.
The upper half of the arms shows a phoenix, a symbol of resurrection, and used as symbol for the heavy bombing and destruction of Attnang in the second World War and the subsequent rebuilding of the city. The lower half shows a fleur-de-lis, derived from the arms of the Salburg family, Lords of Puchheim for many centuries. The pales in the lower left half are derived from the arms of Oberösterreich.
Literature : Baumert, H.E. : Oberösterreichische Gemeindewappen, Linz, 1996.