Armes des Villes de France (Guerin-Boutron)
From Heraldry of the World
|Heraldry of the World|
Heraldic collector's items catalogue > Heraldic trade cards
Series information :
- Issued by : Guérin-Boutron chocolate
- Date of issue : 1920s
- Number of stamps/cards : ?
- Image variants : Not known
This is a large series of trade cards issued in France, showing the coat of arms of cities, with a small city view. The cards were issued as blancs and could be printed by different companies and used as trade cards.
I have no further information on the company itself.
Unlike most other publishers of this series, the cards have some information about the city on the reverse of the cards.
Cards with a similar design were issued by:
- Félix Potin chocolate
- C. Beriot, chichory coffee (no name on front)
- Alcide Picard, publishers (no name on front)
For an overview of cards see here.