|Heraldry of the World
Civic heraldry of Germany - Deutsche Wappen (Gemeindewappen/Kreiswappen)
The town became a city in 1349 by Dietrich van Zuylen. The first seals of the city, dating from the latter part of the 14th century, show the arms of Zuylen with only two pillars, instead of three as in the family arms. Even though the town was owned by many families after 1380 the Zuylen arms remained the arms of the city. In the 17th century the shield was held by a single lion.
The arms in the Kaffee Hag albums +/- 1930
Literature : Stadler, K. : Deutsche Wappen - Bundesrepublik Deutschland. Angelsachsen Verlag, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.