From Heraldry of the World
|Heraldry of the World|
Civic heraldry of Germany - Deutsche Wappen (Gemeindewappen/Kreiswappen)
The arms were officially granted on October 2, 1962.
The arms in the upper part the eagle of Lorraine to which most of the area historically belonged. The base shows the silver pale of the arms of the family Von der Leyen, which ruled the village of Rilchingen-Hanweiler for a long time. The burning branch is a symbol for Sitterwald, which was founded in 1935 by clearing the forest by fire.
To the Amt Kleinblittersorf belonged :
Literature : Heyen und Zimmer, 1966