|Heraldry of the World
Civic heraldry of Austria - Österreichische Gemeindewappen
State : Tirol
District : Innsbruck-Land
The arms were officially granted on November 20, 1979.
The wing in the arms is taken from the arms of the Counts of Andechs, the oldest known rulers in the area. They sold the area in 1157 to the Tegernsee Abbey, and the water lily leaf in the upper part of the wing is taken from the arms of the Abbey (see also Tegernsee).
Literature : Köfler and Beimrohr, 1995