From Heraldry of the World
|Heraldry of the World|
Civic heraldry of Germany - Deutsche Wappen (Gemeindewappen/Kreiswappen)
The first (above left) arms were officially granted in 1956 and are based on the oldest known seal of the town, dating from the early 14th century. The seal showed the lion of Jülich, placed on a shield and flanked by a star and a fleur-de-lis on both sides of the shield. In the next seal, dating from 1543 the stars and the fleur-the-lis are added to the shield itself. The stars and fleur-de-lis are probably derived from the local celebration of the St. Mary.
The new arms were granted on February 8, 1973.
The new arms combine the fleur-de-lis from the old arms with the wreath of Siersdorf and the cross of Freialdenhoven.
The arms in the Kaffee Hag albums +/- 1925