Rheinisch-Bergischer Kreis

From Heraldry of the World
Revision as of 05:13, 27 December 2022 by Knorrepoes (talk | contribs) (Text replacement - "{{de}}" to "")
Jump to navigation Jump to search


RHEINISCH-BERGISCHER KREIS (GL)

State : Nordrhein-Westfalen
Additions : 1932 Mülheim an der Ruhr, Wipperfürth; 1975 Rhein-Wupper Kreis (1929 Solingen, Remscheid-Lennep) (partly)

Wappen von Rheinisch-Bergischer Kreis/Arms (crest) of Rheinisch-Bergischer Kreis
Official blazon
German
English Kreis No blazon/translation known. Please click here to send your (heraldic !) blazon or translation

Origin/meaning

The arms were granted on February 23, 1938 and re-confirmed on September 8, 1976.

The arms show in the upper part the river Rhine. The lower part shows the arms of the Counts of Berg, and thus stand for the latter part of the name. The whole district belonged historically to the County of Berg. The oldest arms of the Counts of Berg are the two bars. Since the late 13th century the lion is used as the arms of the Counts and the County.

Wappen von Rheinisch-Bergischer Kreis

Postal cancellation 1980

Literature: Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.


Template:De1 Template:Media1